- Tom Prichard organizes an exploratory trip to assist the efforts of Southern Sudanese delivering medicine and a message of reconciliation to Darfurian refugee camps.
- Sudan Sunrise is founded, and registered as a 501c3.
- Sudan Sunrise facilitates a relief trip for Southern Sudanese to travel to Darfur refugee camps and deliver donations of clothing.
- Sudan Sunrise facilitates a relief trip to deliver 54 pallets of clothing and 25,000 lbs. of powdered milk to Darfur refugee camps.
- Sudan Sunrise co-sponsors “Standing Together Against Genocide” dinner in Washington, DC attended by over 300 supporters.
- Sudan Sunrise sponsors representatives from Sudanese Muslim and Christian communities to participate in “Standing Together” events in Denver, CO and Kansas City, MO, along with reconciliation meetings in Des Moines, IA and Kansas City, MO.
- Sudan Sunrise Project Director Daniel Kuot commences construction on the Boma Mission Center in southeast Sudan to serve a community of five ethnic tribes.
- Sudan Sunrise sponsors delegation of "Lost Boys" to South Sudan to meet with Darfurian refugees.
- Sudan Sunrise sponsors Sudanese women's "Stand for Peace" concert and rally in Sioux Falls, SD.
- Sudan Sunrise sponsors and organizes a reconciliation conference in Kansas City, MO attended by Sudanese leaders representing the regional, ethic and religious diversity of Sudan. Subsequently, a statement entitled “Call to Sudanese Solidarity” is issued.
- Sudan Sunrise visits Darfur refugee camps in eastern Chad to research education needs, and offically register's with the Governments of Chad and Sudan.
- Sudan Sunrise travels to Boma Mission Center to support ongoing tribal reconciliation efforts.
- Sudan Sunrise sponsors and organizes "Call to Solidarity/Reconciliation" meeting in Washington, DC attended by over 80 Sudanese leaders.
- Manute Bol hosts Sudan Sunrise sponosored “Cry for Peace and Freedom in Sudan” rally at Iowa State House of Representatives.
- Sudan Sunrise delegation travels to South Sudan to film a message of reconciliation with author and former slave Francis Bok and Dr.
Abdelgebar Adam, President of Darfur Human Rights Organization of the USA. As a result, a call to reconciliation is delivered on a prominent Southern Sudanese radio station.
- Sudan Sunrise sponsored video entitled “Call to Sudanese Reconciliation” is premiered at South Sudan Women’s Empowerment Network conference in Juba, South Sudan.
- Sudan Sunrise completes soil testing, delivery of compressed earth block press and completes construction of of three classrooms for the Manute Bol Primary School in Turalei, South Sudan.
- Sudan Sunrise partners with PACT Sudan to drill water wells and provide clean water for Gor Ayen, South Sudan.
- Sudan Sunrise Project Director Daniel Kuot supports returning refugees by supplying fishing nets and assiting with the construction of over 30 new homes in Paloi, South Sudan.
- Sudan Sunrise sponsors three U.S. teachers to travel to Turalei, South Sudan to teach English and basic Math skills.
- Sudan Sunrise completes construction of second block of three classrooms, including two sanitary facilities, and the capacity to harvest rainwater at the Manute Bol School in Turalei, South Sudan.
- Sudan Sunrise sponsors Lopez Lomong and students from the Darfur Students Association, University of Juba, to begin preparations for the Kimotong Reconciliation Church.
- Sudan Sunrise partners with the Government of South Sudan to finance voter education, registration, poll observers and voter transportation for Southern Sudanese living in the US to participate in the 2011 referendum on cessation.
- Sudan Sunrise receives a strategic grant from the Open Society Institute (OSI) to support a delegation led by former Congressman Tom Perriello (D-VA) and Sudan Sunrise Advisory Board members to participate in a dialogue to unify political leaders from Darfur.
- Sudan Sunrise responds to a surge in refugee returnees to Turalei, South Sudan, and completes the construction of an expanded kitchen for the school lunch program at the Manute Bol School.
- Sudan Sunrise partners with the Northern Sudanese groups, Youth Forum for Social Peace and Girifna, to deliver food relief and a message of reconciliation to the people of Turalei, South Sudan.
- Sudan Sunrise partners with NBA Cares to host a reception and silent auction to help fulfill Manute Bol’s dream of supporting primary education and building schools in South Sudan. Participants included NBA legends Dikembe Mutombo and Gheorge Muresan.
- Sudan Sunrise partners with Humanity United to facilitate a meeting in Washington, DC of the Jonglei Youth Peace Initiative. This historic meeting gathered representatives from 11 counties and 5 tribes from Jonglei State, South Sudan to discuss a framework for peace for their respective communities.